Thursday, June 2, 2011

Before and After Dresser


BEFORE
{Sorry for the lame pics...}
I REALLY did not like this dresser and was actually about to throw it out.
I didn't even think D.I. would accept it...

UNTIL...
My Hubby got his hands on it...
I wanted more height to it so he built a box to put on top of it and then added a wooden embellishment to make it more {FANCY}. He even PAINTED it for me {and he really hates to paint-he must REALLY love me. ;) We didn't know what type of finish this dresser had on it so he used a oil-based primer which I LOOOOVE because it requires no sanding and you can use ANY top coat with it. I think it may be my new favorite thing...

I added some lovely little knobs {the knob on the door is actually shaped like a victorian rose)from my FAV store, Hobby Lobby and viola!

It went so lovely in my Baby Ali's Nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment